Sunday, April 4, 2010
Easter Yay!
We had a pretty good Easter. It actually started the night before with the coloring of the eggs. We got this egg spinner, a life saver! i highly recommend this for anyone with children that you feel are too young still for the traditional colorings. Way fun for them too. The girls had a blast with it. Ardell and I stayed up until about 2 am. I had to do the Easter baskets, make some potato salad, clean, and I attempted to make an Easter cake but it failed. I put too much batter in the pan and it started to overflow. Ooooops. I swear my cooking and baking has been sooo off since we moved in here. starting to feel like I cant do anything in the kitchen anymore and I haven't made fry bread since we moved in so I am not so sure I'm confident in that anymore. However I will not make it here because Nene is the queen bee when it comes to fry bread so for me to try and do it in her house would be fry bread suicide!!!!! haha. I woke this morning before the girls and hid their baskets outside then when the girls woke we took them to play outside and tried to coax them into stumbling upon them. They had a blast playing with all their new stuff. By the way, we got these bubbles that you can supposedly hold in your hands thinking that would be neat. WRONG. They don't work very well and leave a weird sticky mess everywhere. I would not recommend these. Ian, Lisa Kylan and Jaedyn came to do the Easter egg hunt with the girls which was a lot more fun this year because Lana actually got the hang of it this year. Last year i put the eggs out and I picked the eggs up by myself. haha. We met up with my family and all had brunch @ Ihop which was nice since I don't really get to see them much these days. Totally my fault. My dad says it was the perfect place to go on Easter because what other restaurant hops? hahaha, such a jokester! We caught up a bit, laughed a bit and my mom was talking about how she wants to rent a mechanical bull for the next party. Hilarious. Took Audi, Kylan and Jaedyn to see 'How to Train a Dragon'. It was cute but since Audi didn't have a nap she slept thru the last half of the movie. Better to have a napping baby then a screaming one, huh? She had a blast after the movie though. There was one of those fountains that spray out of the ground and we just couldn't resist!!! Fun fun fun. Great photo opportunity too. Big thanks to my bro and sis in law Zac and Cindy for watching Lana so we could go to the movies. Ardell has today AND tomorrow off. YAAAAYYY! This never happens anymore. So exciting! Well its not letting me post any pics or videos at this time and i'm tired of messing with it so thats all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




:) I liked reading about it, and smiled when I read about the restaurant that "hops". I love your dad! :)
ReplyDeleteps i also love your header picture, though I keep worying lana is going to take a nosedive into the tub! :)
ReplyDeletewell don't worry the tub is empty and yes she does nose dive into it! hahaha. She is an expert @ it. Its kinda wierd how she does its a pretty slick moved she does. kinda slithers in head firt so she doesnt get hurt!
ReplyDeleteHi Brook! Just stopped by your blog to see what you are up to. Sounds like you guys had a fun Easter. It was fun to read about what you and your family are doing.
ReplyDelete